Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Fighting-Cj and Ellei

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:10 am

Scor tried again to gather up some sort of speech that would fix everything, but he couldn’t ignore the fact that he was attempting something much worse than a temporary fix here. “Look, Vena....I...I love you.” He glanced up from his feet and watched as she pushed her hair behind her ears. It made him want to smile and that would make him lose his point, so he quickly looked down again. “I love you, I do, but that’s only going to make things worse. Do you see how today went? Running here and there, catching glances and moments with each other, always playing second fiddle to my duty? I don’t want you to be that for me, Vena. I can’t give you all of my time, so I don’t deserve any of yours.”

Eris only smiled at James’s frown. “Your father does that you know. Puts his hand through his hair, that is.” She thought for a moment and then her eyes went wide, wondering how that might sound. “It’s much more attractive on you of course,” she corrected, fidgeting. “It really has been....a good day. I’m glad you gave me a chance.” She really didn’t know what to do with herself now. She couldn’t just run off in the other direction, could she? And she didn’t much want to.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

House : Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:30 am

Vena watched him glance up and then glance at his feet again. For once she had no idea what to say. "I," She said then stopped having no idea where that had been going. Thoughts spiraled across her mind as she took in what Scor was saying and it took more energy then she thought it would to not yell. There was no point trying to argue with him, he was as stubborn as a Gryffindor sometimes and if he thought this was the right thing then he'd persue it. "I don't care if you can't give me all of your time Scor, a little bit of it is fine."

James smiled at her comment. He really was enjoying himself with Eris though if someone had told him a few months ago that he would be enjoying time in her company he would have thought they were mad. "We should do it again sometime," He said refraining from running his hand through his hair again. "Do you want me to walk you to your common room or something?"

Prongs is made of music, waffles, and rainbows. With a dash of flamethrowers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ootp.forumotion.com
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:49 am

“You don’t understand, do you, Vena? Don’t you know that you’re worth more than that?” He looked up and took both of her hands in his, trying to make this real for her. “First of all, we’d be a complete scandal for the rest of our lives. I mean, what are we supposed to do? Are you going to live in the house with Celine and I when we’re married, hanging about? You are worth a hundred —no, a thousand of her. You don’t deserve to be the other woman. You are worthy of so much more than the little bit of attention I’d be able to give you. And I swear to you, I’d want to give it all to you. I’d give you everything, all the money I’ll inherit, the summer houses and winter houses, the Manor, every jewel and every precious magical artifact this family has a right to. All of that I could give to you, Vena....but I’d never be able to give you all of myself.”

Smiling, Eris nodded. “That would....that would be nice, I guess. If no one has a fit when they see us.” Instead of being worried, she found herself suppressing a giggle at the thought of the other students being surprised. “And I’d love to do it again sometime.” She looked expectantly toward the door and finally just began walking. All of the timing in this was so unpredictable. Pureblood meetings always had such strict rules that it was hard to be nervous, but something casual completely turned her on her ear.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:31 am

Vena bit her lip and blinked back the tears that threatened to overwhelm her. "I," She said blinking back tears again still unsure of what to say. "Why Scor? You say I'm worth a thousand of her..but you, your chosing her over me. Your making no sense." She threw her arms up into the air in exasperation. She didn't get it, didn't understand him half of the time. "Your making no sense," She said again softly this time. "I don't get it." Vena brushed her hair out of her eye again as it had fallen down, she shivered slightly, she was getting cold. The air in the Chamber wasn't what you would call warm.

James smiled at her and opened the doors to the castle letting her walk in before he walked in after her. "That would be amusing to see though," He thought with a smile. "That would be great, we'll have to organise something sometime." They started walking through the hallways and towards the Slytherin common room. "Odd question," James thought. "But what's your common room like exactly, Al for some odd reason doesn't like to talk about the common room." He shrugged.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:45 am

Watching Vena shiver made Scor realize just how chilly it was here. It was like an icy underworld, fit for dead things. He supposed it was a fitting place for a conversation like this. “I’m choosing her because I have to, Vena. I’ve been trying to think a way out of it, a way around it. Our parents signed papers when we were still young, and didn’t think anything about marriage or love. The only way out would be for both families to agree on breaking the deal. If I just....if I just ran off, there could be.......consequences....for my family.” He winced at the thought of the many ways that broken betrothals could be punished.

Walking along the familiar corridors that led to her home at Hogwarts, Eris kept her eyes open for any other students, but saw none. “It’s odd that Al wouldn’t talk about the common room. He spends most of his time there with....oh.” Eris grinned broadly and looked over at James. “He spends most of his time there with Daniel. He’s probably more preoccupied with him than the room around him.” A sudden thought came to her and she weighed the consequences against the opportunities in toeing the line a little bit. “I don’t think there’s really any rule that you can’t come in and see the common room. It’s not after hours, after all, and it’s not like I’m taking you to the girls’ dorms.”

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:56 am

"You don't have to Scor," She said softly and as a tear ran down her cheek the girl turned around and faced the statue of Salazar Slytherin's head. "Even if laws and family say you do, you really don't." She brushed her eye with her hand not turning around again. "Alright I get that you don't want to jepotise your family or anything but it's stupid. No-one should be able to tell someone what to do and when to do it. We have free wills we should be allowed to do what we want, not what others want from us."

James laughed. "That would be nice," He smiled at her and made a note in his mind to show Eris the Gryffindor common room one time. "Let's hope it's not against the rules." He smiled again. "Cause last time I checked Head Boys were meant to uphold rules not break them." He shook his head thinking of Al. He tried to remember if he had met Daniel but couldn't remember him.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 3:20 am

Scorpius sighed, wishing that things hadn’t had to play out like this. Because Vena had no family and didn’t care much about the law, she really couldn’t see how hard this was for him. “Sometimes things aren’t the way they should be, Vena. They are the way they are. And maybe, one day, you or I or someone more important could change that. But for now, this is how my world turns. They could take my father’s money, or perform a spell to make sure I could never have children, or even demand to take the first child I have as an heir. They could kill me, Vena. It’s true. It’s a very old magic vow, from back in the day when no one really got married for love. What I want isn’t the issue here. It’s what Celine wants, and her father, and mine. I can’t think of anything that would make them change their minds.” He stared at her turned back, hoping she wouldn’t hate him forever.

“Well, I suppose, since you’re Head Boy, you can do just about what you want. I’m sure you could come up with some excuse for it, anyway. Or your dad could.” It was getting to just about the right temperature, and the steady leak from a few meters ahead made Eris turn to the wall beside her. “Ego primoris,” she said calmly, not bothering to hide the password from James. He was Head Boy after all; she wasn’t really worried about his using their password to do anything off. The hidden stone door slid open and she stepped down into the common room. “Come in,” she said to James absently. “Oh, good the fire’s still lit. I thought those twits would have let it go out.”

“What twits?” Daniel asked, popping up in his shirt and tie. “Personally, I don’t know any twits besides you. He took in the sight of James and raised his eyebrows. “What’s he doing here?”.

THANK YOU PADFOOT

Last edited by Moony on Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 4:14 am

"Well that's stupid," Vena muttered grumpily blinking back tears again, she didn't want to cry. Vena sniffed pushing her hair out of her face again. "Just," She said stopping herself from looking over her shoulder at him. "Whatever," She waved her hand talking more to herself then Scor with that one word. "Just..just go Scor," She said softly knowing that there really was no point argueing with him, not when he was trying to protect himself and his family from old magic. She hated those laws and those rules, ones that stoped people from doing what they wanted.

James smiled. "Something about making sure that Al and Daniel havn't blown the place up." He chuckled to himself as Eris led him down to the Slytherin common room. He was actually surprised when Eris didn't try and hide the password from him, it took him off guard. Not even Albus trusted him with the Slytherin password but Eris seemed to. "Making sure you and Al havn't blown the place up." he said with a twinkle in his eye to Daniel. He recognised the boy now that he was standing in front of him. "And taking a look at the scenery."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:27 am

Forcing his lip not to tremble at the tone of defeat in her voice, Scorpius wrung his hands, trying to imagine something that would make either of them feel better. “Just know that I wanted it to be you,” he muttered quietly, but it seemed to echo time and again to the high ceilings in the chamber. He hoped that she would turn her face so he could get one last glance before he left, to make sure he hadn’t broken her. When she didn’t make a move to look at him, he turned on his heel and walked back towards the pipe, shaking his head. Why was it so hard to do the thing that was right?

Eris twisted her lips into a smirk as Daniel shrugged his shoulders and turned his brown eyes downward. They flashed briefly and then he ducked back down beneath the couch’s back. A moment later, Albus popped up, curious to see who the familiar male voice was coming from. “I see you’ve managed to get your tie on, Al, but where’s your shirt, dear?” Eris asked mildly, shaking her head. It wasn’t the first time the boy had embarrassed himself this way. As long as he kept it in the common room and didn’t embarrass Slytherin, she was happy to make fun of him and let it be.

“Daniel’s sitting on it,” he replied matter-of-factly, before glancing past his housemate to see his brother. “James!” Al vanished in quite the same manner as Daniel had, sounding annoyed. “I’ll never be able to look him in the face again,” he muttered. “Nor Dad,” he added, sighing.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 9:38 am

Vena listened to the sound Scor's feet made as he walked away. The thump against the ground and the slight splash of water as it was moved. When she could no longer hear the sounds she turned around to see the empty chamber and sat down on the ground despite the fact that it was wet, she didn't care right now. She could always magically dry herself later anyway. That thought was pushed out of her mind as the images of what had just happened came back and for the first time in forever Vena cried.

James couldn't help it he laughed. "Al," He said shaking his head. "Nice common room by the way." He smirked slightly looking around, it was indeed quite a nice common room. He smiled at Eris. "I should probably be going now." He nodded at her and smiled again. "Oh Al that reminds me," He said. "Dad wants to have a family dinner tomorrow night, do you want to come?"

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:40 am

Scor found himself wandering the halls of the castle aimlessly. He thought he had meant to end up in Ravenclaw Tower, but he was helplessly lost now. That was just about right, he figured, since it was exactly how he felt on the inside as well. Besides, he could always just use Point Me to find his way to some sort of place that he’s know his way back from. For right now, he didn’t want to see any familiar faces or hear anyone’s happy voices as they talked about their day in Hogsmeade. In a surprising flash of coherence, he pulled his wand and asked it to point him to the library. He hadn’t once this year spent the hours a day there that he used to. It would put his mind off things for a while.

“It is quite pretty, isn’t it? Home sweet home,” Eris said, before nearly rolling her eyes at herself. Why was she being so...nice? Even if it was James, she wasn’t being herself at all.

There was a hurried ruffling sound and Daniel popped up again, since he was the fully clothed one on the couch. “Al says he’ll come if you swear you won’t say anything to your dad about this,” he said, winking. “No invitation for future members of the family?” he asked, wiggling his eyebrows and pointing at himself, then casting a glance at Eris, who pretended to be offended.

“You ought to go now, I suppose. Want me to walk you back out?” she murmured, turning around to stick out her tongue at Daniel, whose mouth was open so loud in a silent laugh that each and every perfectly white tooth was showing. How obnoxious.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 10:52 am

Vena sat on the floor to the chamber swirling the water she was sitting on with her hands. The buttom of her robes were completly soaked now but she didn't care and she couldn't be bothered to wave her wand and dry herself off. Vena brushed her eyes with her hand. "I stayed so I could be with you," She said quietly as if Scor was standing right there. "Maybe I should have just left and spared me the heartache." She drew a circle in the water that disapeared the moment it appeared. Vena stood up and flicked her wand leaving the Chamber behind she climbed up the pipe and then proceded to walk into the grounds and towards the forbiden forrest. She didn't want to be in the Chamber right now, her haven no longer felt like one. And she didn't want to go to the common room and stand all those people who were probably happy after their day out.

James shook his head at the boy. "No, no future family members, it';ll just be us three and Dad. I won't tell him Al," He grinned and let Eris walked him out. "Why would I tell Dad when it's excellent Blackmail for another time?" He muttered to himself, they were out of the common room so Al wouldn't be able to hear but Eris probably could. "Bye Eris, see you soon I suppose." He smiled and nodded at her again before walking off and making his way up to the Gryffindor tower. He passed a few Slytherins who gave him some odd looks but James for the most part ignored them.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:21 am

The library was dead empty except for Rose Weasley, who’d spotted him the moment he walked in and retreated to the corner reserved for Advanced Defense books. No doubt she knew that he wouldn’t show up there. Glancing around the place he’d practically been calling home for years, he choice the History section and pulled out a random stack of books from the shelf, thumped them onto a table that still held a gnawed sugar quill no doubt from some young, lazy Gryffindor, and opened up the top book, A Brief Inquiry on The French Ministry. He groaned and chucked it aside, happy to see that the tome beneath it was something about treatises with giants and therefore perfectly safe. He pulled out his reading glasses so that he wouldn’t get a headache (the charm on his eyes was starting to wear off, he thought) and settled into a comfortable reading position, every now and then looking up hopefully to see if Weasley had gone yet.

Eris chuckled slightly at James as he mentioned blackmailing his brother. She hadn’t suspected him to be quite so conniving, but it was a pleasant surprise. “See you,” she said hopefully as she watched him turn and walk away. Part of her didn’t really expect them to do anything else together. Tomorrow there’d be a dozen rumors going around and she doubted he’d put up with it just for her company. She turned and walked back into the common room, letting the wall close back up behind her.

“You should’ve let him tell!”
“Why should I? Your parents don’t know!”
“My mum does!”
“Shit, Daniel, why didn’t you tell me that?”
“Well, I would have if –,”

“Spare me the lovers’ quarrel, boys,” Eris drawled thickly, feeling herself settle back into the bit of authority she had. “Or at least go argue in your dormitory like you’ve got a fragment of dignity.” They scurried out, still talking hurriedly and heatedly, and Eris collapsed on the sofa they’d been taking up. She frowned momentarily, wondering if it was very clean to be lying there, but she waved it off and found herself gazing into the fire that, even so early in the school year, was needed to keep the common room warm enough to be comfortable.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:33 am

Vena kept walking into the forbiden forrest not caring how far in she was going, she was at least taking some care so that she wouldn't fall over and scrap herself against a tree or something. She couldn't hear anything apart from her own feet crunching the leaves and twings on the ground under her. Vena looked up when she saw a large tree and spent the next few minutes climbing up it. She got up and then climbed up to as high as she could get where the tree would still support her weight. Vena looked up at the sky, it was clouding over now, looking as if it might want to rain.

James walked up to the common room and sat down on one of the couches near the door. "James!" He looked around to see Lily bounding up to him. "Oh hi Lil," He said tiredly. "How was your day?! How was Mal-Eris?" James smiled at the fact that she had changed half way through saying Malfoy. "My day was good and Eris was good, we had fun. What about you?" "Good," Lily nodded. "ANyway seeyou," She bounded off leaving James lying there smiling.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 11:50 am

In the year 1256, Eldritch the Abominable sent an army of one thousand men to battle a total of 6 giants. 9,996 of those soldiers died in the first hour of the attack. The other four were later reported to have been women replacing their husbands in war duties. They were not heard from again.

Scor rubbed at his eyes behind his glasses and made his routine check for the Weasley girl. She was gone, finally, and he looked back down at his book. He was just getting into the 14th century when he saw silver snake crawling around on one of the bookcases. It was only after ten minutes of watching it do nothing but writhe and be indistinguishable, Scorpius realized he had fallen asleep. He wondered briefly why he was dreaming in snakes, but he let it go and tried to sleep properly, without all of this thinking business.

As the evening began to pass, several people entered the common room. Some grumbled about Eris taking up a full three-seater sofa all by herself, but no one asked her to move and she was glad for it. She was busy wondering why she had acted so differently around James. That wasn’t her; it couldn’t be, could it? It wasn’t even close to the way she was around other people. She was never even this nice to her own brother, really. She picked herself up from the couch and headed up to the sixth-year girls’ dormitory, hearing Daniel and Albus still bickering the next corridor over. No doubt they’d wind up together forever; they fought like married people. She pulled the curtains on her bed and remembered that she would need to write a letter home soon. For the first time in a long while, she couldn’t think of anything she really wanted to say to her father. She’d have to think about it the next day, Sunday, but first she was going to have a good long sleep that wouldn’t involve James Potter’s face....hopefully.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:00 pm

When it started to get dark Vena climbed down from the tree and set towards the castle, she had done point-me, to makesure that she was infact walking towards the castle and not in the other direction. Drops feel on her head and Vena presumed that it was raining and the various trees in the forrest (as that is what a forrest is, a lot of trees) was stopping it from raining down on her. Not bothering to charm herself to make sure she didn't get wet, once she reached the end of the trees Vena walked towards the castle feeling as the rain splattered down on her. By the time she reached the school she was drenched but a flick of her wand solved that. Vena got into the dorm at the same time she saw Malfoy's curtains be pulled across. She scowled thinking of her reaction if she found out about her 'break-up' with Scor. Could ou call it a breakup if they werne't together?

James went up to bed smetime later wondering what homework he would have to dothe next day. That was shoved out of his mind by thoughts of his brother and Daniel which was then shoved out of his mind by thoughts of Eris. James was still amazed that he had asked her out and had enjoyed his time with her. He knew that rumors would probably start floating around the school but James didn't really care, say what they wanted, he thought as he got into bed, I don't care.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:33 pm

Scorpius had never been so happy to wake up on a Monday morning before. After waking up in the library Saturday at about noon, he’d run for a shower in the Prefect’s bath and then returned to the library, glaring at anyone who came too close. Even Rahj, who he usually would have welcomed at his table, knew better than to come up to him when he was wearing that look on his face. He reckoned it was one of the first times in his life that he’d looked properly like a Malfoy. Now that it was Monday, though, he’d have classes to distract him and things wouldn’t be half so bad....maybe. He glanced down at his timetable and saw that his first two classes were with Hufflepuff, but after lunch they were all with Slytherin. He frowned and shook his head. He’d just have to exercise some sort of control, he thought as finished getting dressed, walked downstairs, and sat himself down at the breakfast table next to Rahj.

Eris spent her Sunday attempting to start a letter home, and never quite setting the quill to paper. Once she’d even hovered so long over a piece of thick, expensive parchment that she’d splashed a huge drop of ink onto it. She’d quickly cleared it away with a charm and put away her ink and quill. She’d just have to wait until she had something to say. Her father would certainly write to her if anything was urgent. She’d spent most of the day in the common room or the dorm, trying to avoid anyone who might have something snarky to say about her trip to Hogsmeade. She was quite enthralled in the very loud noises (that didn’t sound much like fighting, anymore) coming from the dorms when she realized it was ten o’clock at night and she hadn’t done a stitch of homework. She’d hurriedly marked up a few things for the first classes of the day, which were with Gryffindor, and decided she’d finish the rest at lunch in lieu of eating in the Great Hall. Surely she could find some package or other with some sweets in it, or she could get one of the younger boys to run to the kitchens with her. Monday morning, she went down to the breakfast table, hoping she’d get no remarks this morning.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Wed Dec 30, 2009 12:44 pm

Vena spent Sunday walking around the grounds, she had nothing to do and didn't want to stay in one place too long, at around lunchtime she went up to the room she she once shown Scor that looked out onto the grounds and sat there looking out onto the grounds. She spent the next few hours there trying not to think about anything, because whatever her brain wanted to think about she didn't. Vena got into bed early that night and lay there for a while before she slowly drowsed off. Monday morning Vena got up with a groan, she grabbed some toast from the great hall and ate in on her way to Herbology with Gryffindor, which for once she didn't care about it being with the idiots of Gryffindor. It was better then ot being with Ravenclaw, or really more better then it ebing with Scor.

James spent Sunday doing what he usaully did on Sundays, catching up on homework and talking to freinds. This Sunday though he also had to ignor the idiots in his house who were taunting him about Saturday and his day with Eris. "I'll let you know," He snapped at Norah, one of his freinds. "I enjoyed myself and if you don't shut up I'll take points." "You wouldn't take points from your own house." James raised an eyebrow at her. "Do you want to find out?"

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:11 am

Charms and History of Magic were a pleasant distraction for Scorpius, and so was the inane chatter in his ear from Rahj about all the things he'd been doing since Scor and Vena had begun hanging out. He didn't realize how much he had missed in that time. He wasn't particularly interested in who had been dating who, but at least his mind was being kept busy and away from all the things that were happening in his life. When lunch came, he took to the library and found himself thumbing through a book on ancient magical contracts. He had planned on pulling out a tome on the 47th goblin rebellion, but something in his brain had pinged at him when he'd seen this book. He ended up checking it out and taking it with him as he hurried to Transfiguration, wondering where he would sit and how Vena would act.

Eris made it to Herbology with time to spare and made an ill face at Vena, who uncharacteristically didn't seem too vicious in return. She could feel several pairs of eyes on her, mostly from the Gryffindors on the other side of the greenhouse. There were only a few whispers though, and she felt herself smiling at the fact that it was not nearly half as bad as she had imagined it. Of course, she wouldn't be seeing James in any classes, which probably would have been the part that would have caused everyone to gossip, especially if they had the opportunity to sit together. She distractedly passed through the next few hours and lunch, before realizing that she'd have the next few hours with Scor and all of his little mates. She rolled her eyes but found herself unable to be truly unhappy about it.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 12:30 am

Herbology and the class after that Vena herself found incredibly boring, she had never been very interested in plants. Who cares what they did as long as they did whatever job they were meant to do. She even ignored the ill face Eris gave her, though snickering slightly as confusing momenterially splattered across her face when Vena did nothing back. She wasn't really in the mood to be hostile. At lunch Vena felt like going to the library, like she had in her first few years of Hogwarts but decided against it because she would probably run into Scor there which right now was the last thing she wanted to do. She walked slowly to transfiguration, getting there just before the bell went. She sat in a chair near the back of the classroom and a quick sweep around the room showed that Scor wasn't there yet but when she glanced sideways at the door he came in holding some giant book he would have gotten from the library. She turned away from the door looking at the teacher and the board.

James successfully ignored the whispers that he was getting from his date with Eris the other day. He didn't care, he had in face enjoyed himself quite a lot. He personally thought that this generation of Malfoys weren't like the last few. Eris was pleasent and Scorpius was a bookworm, neither seemed like what James remember Dad telling them about their father Draco. The dinner Albus, Lily him and dad had had the night before had went slightly awkward. James thinking that Harry was going to say something about Eris, Albus thinking that James was going to say something about Dan. Lily of course was oblivious to everyone elses problems and ate her dinner talking chipperly about classes and her freinds. The only person trying to listen had been Dad.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:19 am

Walking into Transfiguration, Scor immediately spotted Vena in the back and nearly dropped his things when she turned away from him. Muttering, he stuffed his new library book into his bag and scanned the room for a safe space to sit. He didn’t want to sit too far back, but he also didn’t want to sit in Vena’s direct line of vision, causing her to have to deal with looking at him. Finally, he chose a seat in the front corner of the classroom, tipping an apologetic smile at Rahj, who had saved him a spot in the back, not even realizing that he was directly across from Vena. Scorpius looked down at his quill and parchment but nearly jumped out of his seat when the seat besides him scraped.

“Hello, little brother,” Eris said absentmindedly as she sat down next to Scorpius, who leaped about a foot at the sound of her voice. “You’re twitchier than Dad as a ferret,” she added when he looked up at her. It was the first time she’d really ever made fun of her father, but it wasn’t as if it was blasphemy. The professor cleared his throat and scratched a page number onto the board. Eris turned to it quietly and wondered why her brother was so melancholy today. It didn’t hit her until class was nearly over that he wasn’t sitting with his little girlfriend.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:56 am

Vena only halfed payed attension to what the teacher was saying through the class, in fact she had never found it this hard to concerntrate in class. Though she rarely concerntrated in class anyway but that was mostly because she knew most of the work. Now when she was trying to concerntrate for something to do, she really couldn't zone in. She was in fact slightly surprised to see Eris sit next to Scor but she shrugged it off, spending the rest of the class successfully not glancing in Scor's direction. The next class was just about in the same fashion, Vena sat near the back, she actually listened to the lesson this time and was out of the classroom as soon as the bell had rung. Throwing her shoulder bag over her back. Vena went to the library and found her way to the ficton section. She wanted to find a fairy tale where the dragon eats the prince, she didn't exactly find the stories where the prince always seemed to win very interesting, you could see it coming.

The classes were getting harder for James, with Newts coming up at the end of the year teachers were piling them with homework much to everyone's annoyance. As it was only a month or two into the year. The Newts were ages away. Muttering his annoyance about the bucketload of homework they had gotten in Charms James packed away his things and made his way to the great hall talking with his freinds. Who while finding it amusing that he had gone out with Eris didn't really care in the slightest, as the conversation had only come up once, yesterday. "I am about to die from all this homework," Matt complained as they sat down at the Gryffindor table. "Newts are ages away..." And he continued on a long and drawn out rant that James only half listened to.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:01 am

Sitting through classes with his sister was probably one of the most bizarre things that had ever happened to Scor, if you didn’t count the insanity that was his meeting and loving Vena. He managed to pay attention for most of the class periods, but during the second class Eris had acted suspiciously careful around him. She kept giving him curious little looks which he simply ignored, wondering why she would care about anything that he had going round in his brain.

He was glad to finally be back in the library when he made it there. He pulled the book on magical contracts out of his bag and contemplated getting up to browse for a few more. He decided against it, though, when he realized the book was written in very small print and took up at least a thousand pages. There was no way he’d make it through this in a week, much less in this afternoon and evening. He let his eyes flicker over the table of contents, pushing his glasses up the bridge of his nose. A chapter on ancient family-bonding vows caught his eye and he flipped lazily to page 642. He zoned out and just let the information seep into his brain as he read, the silence around him pleasing and familiar. Suddenly, a section jumped out at him and he read back over it, shaking his head in silence. No matter how many times he read it, it still said the same thing, unmistakably.

This type of contract is bound in blood and magic and legally binds the heirs of the two families.

He could do nothing but blink as he considered the implications of that one sentence. He knew he could never do that...could he? Or if it would even work. What would happen to his family...to him? He tried hard not to let any specific thoughts pass through his brain as they would only give him false hope. Scor sighed and shut the book, rubbing the bridge of his nose and leaning back in his chair. He caught a glimpse, accidentally, of a girl across the library and knew instinctively, though he couldn’t see her face, that it was Vena. He quietly shoved the book away from himself and left the library, headed for the Ravenclaw tower. There was way too much to think about.

Eris was pensive as she walked down to the Great Hall to grab herself a snack. She didn’t think that she could manage a meal when she was deep in thought (a rare occurrence for her), so she found herself picking up a green apple from the Slytherin table. She wondered what could possibly be going on with her twin and his used-to-be companion. Something in her felt bad for him, but the part of her that was all Malfoy felt smug and superior for knowing how it would all end. Scor was his father’s son after all, and of course he would end up taking the road that would not stir any feathers.

Finishing her apple, Eris rose from the table and walked slowly towards the door, not paying attention to where she was walking as she followed the lines in the marble beneath her feet.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 3:24 am

Vena didn't find a book she wanted to read, all of them ended with the prince and the princess living happily ever after. Or at least with the villian dead even if a whole heck of other people had died in the process. She snorted and heard foot steps somewhere else in the library. With a quick glance over her shoulder she saw Scor sitting down looking at some giant book in front of him. With a small smile she shoved the book she was holding randomly on the bookshelf, not caring that it probably was in the wrong place and flittered her fingers across the covers of other books. She continued around the library for a little longer. Noticing that Scor had left sometime before. She found her way to the Muggle literiture section and pulled off a book of Muggle fairytales. She smiled sadly to herself as she looked at the book. It had been one of the few books that the children atthe Orphanage had and just about every child in there could reciet all the fairy tales off by heard. A few even backwards. Vena smiled to herself, scrunching her eyes and seeing if she could remember any of it. And failing.

Sighing Vena sat down in a corner of the library with the book and flipped it open. It had been years since Vena had read Muggle Fairy tales and despite the doom and gloom that seemed to be hovering around her she liked it. It kind of reminded her of before Hogwarts, before she knew that magic existed. Before she was a girl with a mad hatter of a dad. When she'd just been a girl with an odd name and no family. Though in a way, she wasn't sure which she prefered.

James and Matt started to exit the great hall after they had had a snack talking about whatever took their fancy. James smiled looking up and Matt frowning followed his gaze. With a snort and a shake of his head he said. "I guess I'll see you in the common room then." James just smiled at him and quickened his pace to match Eris' as Matt exited the great hall with an amused smile. "Hi Eris," He said by now he was walking next to her. He looked sideways at the Malfoy girl with a smile on his face. "How was your day? And your classes?" He would have prefered to go back to sixth year to tell the truth. The year between the two big exams. Though if he was completly honest with himself, he would have much rathered being a second grader. Not a first because he didn't exactly like being in the youngest grade in the school.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   Sun Jan 24, 2010 4:12 am

Scorpius made his way to the dormitories with purpose, only to run directly into Rahj, sending both of their glasses skittering across the floor. “Geez, Scorpius, watch where you’re going,” Rahj muttered, feeling around and picking up his glasses. Scor, of course, could see without his and he simply scooped them up from the floor, tucking them into the pocket of his robes. “Hey, was it like family meeting in class today or something, mate?”

“Uh...yeah, Eris needed to tell me something about...erm...my aunt. But everything’s fine, you know, no one’s ill or dying or whatever.” Scor felt awkward trying to put together an alibi and finally just started to laugh at Rahj’s blank face. “Just go do whatever you were doing, I’ve got something to do.” Rahj shook his head and left down the stairs, no doubt to go find some of their friends. Scorpius’s laugh died and he began to rummage in his bag, pulling the book from it. He threw himself across his bed, not bothering to close the curtains, and turned back to the page he had been at. If the contract really bound the heirs of two families (and when had Scor ever doubted a book?) then the contract would be null, or at least change forms, if he were no longer the heir of his family. What a weight that was. Was it even an option? He imagined himself in patched-up clothes that still smelled of another boy, taking charity from the school as if he had never been anyone important in his life. It was just too much to bear in his mind at the moment, and he dug into his trunk to find a vial of Dreamless Sleep. It wasn’t even evening yet, but it wasn’t worth staying awake any longer. The worst that could happen was that he would wake up extremely early and have a chance to do all the homework that he had due. He sipped from the bottle and settled down, barely remembering to close the bed hangings before he drifted away.

Eris was pleasantly surprised as none other than James Potter fell into step with her as she walked. “My day? Well, besides ignoring people looking at me as if I were a Crumple-Horned Snorcack, it was fine. I can’t remember the last time I actually didn’t want people to be talking about me.” She frowned as she remembered how she used to encourage any talk about her, thinking it asserted her importance. “It wasn’t half as bad as I imagined it would be though. How bout you?”

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fighting-Cj and Ellei   

Back to top Go down

Fighting-Cj and Ellei
Page 6 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 11 ... 17  Next