Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Prologue

Go down 
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Prologue   Sun Feb 21, 2010 10:51 pm

This all stemmed from a dream. I envisioned one scene, and the story kind of fell into place. I planned to make it into a full-blown story, but here is the prologue:

I sprinted as fast as I could, feeling exposed in the foreign, treeless terrain. The fence was behind me, and I was free from the walls that once confined me, but I could take little comfort from this. I heard the guards following me, their boots pounding as their feet slammed against the ground, and their voices were loud and ominous.

“Come back here right now, and no one will get hurt,” really meant, “Come back here, so you can die a slow and painful death.”

It was inevitable that they would catch me. I was severely outnumbered, and although I was the fastest girl in the Camp, I did not stand a chance. The guards were handpicked specifically for their speed and strength. I was just a 15-year-old girl.

Everything had gone wrong.

I had been planning this for two years. I had been plotting in the shadows, staying out of trouble, watching, waiting for the day that I could get out. Every little detail had been taken care of, everything meticulously attended to. There was nothing that should have gone wrong. It was the perfect plan.

Sweat was dripping down my face, and my breathing was ragged. My side was splitting, but I kept running. I had to. It was my life at stake here. I wanted freedom, and there was no going back. I would escape or die trying.

My heart was pounding in my chest, and the cool night wind sent shivers down my spine. I had been running for too long, and I was exhausted. My bare feet had been hardened over time, but they were used to the smooth, gray cement of the Camp, not this rocky, hard ground. I had nearly lost my footing several times, and I had gashes on the bottoms of both feet from sharp rock fragments. I could not spare a backward glance, but I could hear them gaining on me.

My biggest mistake was trusting him. I had dreams of getting out, ones I thought he shared. I told him my plans, excited by the prospect of having someone to share it all with. I did not know that he was a spy, paid off by the guards to keep an eye on us. How could I have known?

My thoughts distracted me, and I tripped on one of the larger rocks in the ground. I tumbled face-first into the ground, and did not have the strength to get back up. It did not matter by that point, though. The guards were on me, and I knew I was done for.

The first rule of the Camps is not to disobey the guards.

The second rule is do not try to escape. The punishment is death.

I closed my eyes, preparing myself for the horrors to come. I tried to block out the pain, but it was too great.

I never opened my eyes again.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:08 pm

Whoooooooa. Kat, my dear, this is some heart-pounding stuff right here. WTH. Where are you hiding all this genius? *would peek inside your head but is afraid of being eaten*

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:10 pm

Haha, thanks Very Happy

It's the only decent piece of prose I've written. XD

I would tell you the dream, but it would take a while.

Basically, I have a screwed up subconscious. Razz

And peeking into my head is not advised Wink

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:33 pm

Feel free to tell me. i LOOOOVE long stories XD.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
watch her rise.
Slytherin
Slytherin

House : Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: Prologue   Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:33 pm

Ooh that's very nice Kat!

Prongs is made of music, waffles, and rainbows. With a dash of flamethrowers.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ootp.niceboard.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prologue   

Back to top Go down

Prologue
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: Random Stuff :: Stories-
Jump to: