Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

It's Like Running Away

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 6:54 am

Dodge chugged down the rest of his sports drink, hoping the B vitamins would get rid of the bad attitude he was developing. Nothing ruined a perfectly good day more than his own mopey thoughts. "Maybe it's me. I tend to throw people off their game sometimes. Not sure why yet."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 6:57 am

Aiden shrugged. "Maybe it is, although, I doubt it," he said, noticing that he'd barely touched any of his food, but not giving that more than a passing thought. "I just feel obligated to apologize when things turn down, since normally those things are my fault."

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs is made of milkshakes, strawberries, and time. With a dash of karaoke.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ootp.niceboard.net
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 7:02 am

"I doubt that. You have a very low opinion of yourself." Looking down at the table, he noticed that despite how hungry Aiden had seemed to be early, he'd barely picked at his plate. "And apparently you don't do very well at obeying your stomach."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 7:09 am

Aiden shrugged. "I have a fine opinion of myself. And I guess I just got caught up with talking. Not too practiced at eating while carrying a conversation after all." He took a bite of food, as though to prove his point.

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs is made of milkshakes, strawberries, and time. With a dash of karaoke.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 7:50 am

"Well, at least you don't have to worry about it now," Dodge said, glancing down at his watch before standing and picking up his tray. "I've got to run. More homework to finish, and I really need a shower." He sidled off to the garbage to dump the rest of his sandwich and his empty drink bottles before he sat his plates in the wash bin. He hurried out the back door towards the path that would take him to his dorm room.

A few days later (Tuesday, it would seem) Dodge was in a hurry to make it to Astronomy class on time. Normally, he'd have been early, but he'd spent a bit too long at breakfast chatting with one of the other seniors who had an off hour first thing. Now, he was running behind. When he made it to the door (before the bell, thankfully) he walked in and was disappointed. The teacher wasn't in yet, but the front of the room was full up. The seats in the front were always good for Dodge, because it was easier to pay attention when the teacher was right in front of him. The slipped to the back of the room, though, and was surprised to see that the only two open desks were on either side of Aiden. "Heya, Hartland," he said quietly as he slipped into the desk on his right.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 8:18 am

Aiden finished up his eating and went off to finish his homework, having neglected most of the day previous.

On Tuesday, he found himself sitting in Astronomy as they first class of the day. Ai was in the back, like he always tried to be. The further back you were the less people could/would see you was his philosophy, and he really hated to get noticed most of the time. Never once tried to draw attention to himself, unless he knew the answer to a question or something. No one ever sat by him either. At least, until today as Aiden turned his head to see Dodger taking the seat to his right. "Erm, hi," he replied, not completely awake.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 8:24 am

Dodge pulled his star charts out of his bag and laid them across the desk, pulling out a pencil as well. He found it hard to use pens in class as he often made mistakes and didn't want to bother with charming off any wrong answers. He knew that Professor Bennett would be probably be around any minute, as she was not often late, and he wanted to be prepared. "So how've you been?" asked Dodge, less quietly this time. There was no point in not making small talk when the teacher wasn't even in yet.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 8:42 am

Aiden shrugged, putting his head down on his clear desk. He just wanted to sleep; it was too early to be up, and every other day of the week he had to first class of the day off. He closed his eyes, knowing that they would be open again in a matter of minutes when the teacher showed up.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 8:49 am

Dodge raised his eyebrows at Aiden and shook his head. "Okay, I see how it's going to be," he muttered, picking up his pencil and sketching in the Pleiades. "I'll just...y'know, stop trying to make friends and let you be your hermit self," he continued under his breath, although he really wasn't bothered with whether anyone heard him or not.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 8:56 am

Aiden titled his head to the side, having buried it in his arms, and opened one eye, looking at Dodger. Then he lifted up his head to say something. "You know that I'm not a morning person, I've told you this. Right now it's morning." Then he put his head back down.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:00 am

"How have you made it through 4 years and then some like this?" Dodge asked incredulously. "Did you just fail your way through every first period class?" He wanted to make a remark on how his parents could probably pay his way through if they were such an old line, but he refrained. It was a general rule of his not to take shots at other people's parents.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:06 am

Aiden raised his head again. "No, actually. I've never failed a class," he said. "I just tend to sleep through about the first half of it, which you are currently preventing." Then he laid his head down for a third and hopefully finally time.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:18 am

Sighing, Dodge returned to the Pleiades before he finally heard the door to the classroom. Professor Bennett (well, a Professor Bennett, as there were technically two) entered the room, her dress fluttering behind her as she went. She walked straight to the board and chalked Pleiades on the board and Dodge grinned to himself. He was a little more prepared for class than he had thought. As the professor greeted the class and began to lecture he tried hard to focus on the front of the room, which seemed so far away.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:27 am

Aiden hadn't even managed to doze off just a little by the time class had started, so he figured he might as well listen through the whole thing. He lifted up his head, tiredly, staring at the front of the room.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:31 am

Despite his constant fidgeting and occasional bursts of daydreams (several of which were foggily vague and some which might have involved Aiden), Dodge made it through Astronomy feeling for the homework on the Pleiades that they had to complete before their next class. It was only a short essay, too, because Ms. Bennett was nice unlike her husband. Everyone began to file out and, being in the back, Dodge sat in his seat and waited so that he wouldn't have to fight through the crowd. "More awake now?" he asked Aiden.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:44 am

Aiden, who had oddly stayed awake through the entire class, was actually fully awake now. It usually only took all of the first class for that to happen, but normally that was from his sleeping through it. "Fully awake actually," he answered Dodger.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 9:52 am

"Good! We seem to get along better when you're not Zombie Boy," Dodge said, gathering up his things and making sure not to crinkle his star chart. The room was pretty well cleared out at this point, luckily. "I have free period this next hour. What have you got?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:01 am

"Same," Ai answered. "And I'm not a zombie boy. I just don't like getting up before noon. If I was a zombie you would not have a brain right now." He yawned slightly, and picked up his bag, pushing his stuff inside.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:06 am

"Eating my brain would do you good. Then you'd actually be useful in the mornings. Although not much smarter, I apologize for that." He chuckled at himself and slung his bag over his shoulder. "So, what do you usually do during free period?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:09 am

Aiden laughed, actually laughed. "I don't think it would. As it wouldn't replace my brain. It would just feed me," he said. "And normally, I spend free time catching up on the first period of the day, but seeing as I was awake for this one, I have no idea what I'm doing."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:16 am

"I thought the whole original idea of zombies was that you got all their memories and junk," Dodge said, remembering a class they'd had in history once. "Like those tribes in Africa that eat their dead grandparents." He stopped talking when he realized that he was on a very morbid topic. "Anyway, you want to hang out? I've got an XBOX in my room, or there's Scrabble or something in the lounge." He wasn't sure what kind of things Aiden liked to do.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:29 am

Aiden blinked at Dodge just a little bit, somewhat creeped out by the random fact he had just spouted. "Um..." he muttered. "I've never actually played an xbox, so I'm willing to give that a try I guess..."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:35 am

"Wow, never?" Dodge asked as he stood and walked towards the door, automatically heading towards the stairs so they could take the quickest path back to his dorm. "I'm not really very into them but I've had the XBOX for a couple of years now. It was a Christmas present from...." he trailed off, not really keen on finishing the sentence. "It's fun, especially if you like going fast or blowing things up."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:40 am

Aiden shook his head. "Never," he said. And he knew the end of the sentence that Dodger had left hanging, or rather he was able to guess. "Got anything that involves zombies?" he asked with a smile.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 10:44 am

Dodge laughed, unable to help it when he paid attention to Aiden smiling. It was rather adorable, and he was pleased by how much the boy had loosened up already. He seemed a far cry from the boy he'd first met in the locker room. "Well, of course, what self-respecting video game player doesn't have shoot-em-ups? Now, do you want to be the zombie or kill them? We can do either." He realized they'd reached the door of his building. "Ever been in here?" he asked as he opened the door and let Aiden walk in.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   

Back to top Go down

It's Like Running Away
Page 5 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next