Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

It's Like Running Away

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next
AuthorMessage
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

House : Sssssslytherin. Fear my Parsletongue ;)

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sat May 22, 2010 8:03 am

Aiden came to a stop as well and shrugged with a small frown. "I think that maybe I should have eaten breakfast before running, but I woke up late. So, lunch sounds really good right now," he said. Then he poked at his stomach as it growled at him just a little bit.

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs is made of milkshakes, strawberries, and time. With a dash of karaoke.

Back to top Go down
View user profile http://ootp.forumotion.com
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sat May 22, 2010 8:12 am

Grinning, Dodge nodded in agreement. "I think I eat my body weight about every couple of days. I could probably eat 4 or 5 meals a day if I had the time. It's a metabolism thing." Wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead before it could drip into his eye, he started to walk in the direction of the main school building, grabbing up his gym bag on the way. He'd have to worry about deodorant and wiping away all of his sweat on the way over there.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sat May 22, 2010 8:21 am

"That is an insane amount of food...." Aiden muttered, trying to picture eating 4 or 5 times in a single day, metabolism or not. He stood there for a moment, before realizing that Dodger was leaving. Ai just sort of followed behind him.

Moony, Wormtail, Padfoot, and Prongs is made of milkshakes, strawberries, and time. With a dash of karaoke.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sat May 22, 2010 8:38 am

Dodge dug around around for his terrycloth towel as they walked in silence. Once he found it he tried to sop up the small bit of sweat he had left on his body; it wasn't much as he hadn't really run full out. Stuffing it back in and reminding himself that he needed to wash it, he pulled out his deodorant. The moment he took the cap off the smell hit his nose and he turned his head away slightly. "This stuff is like Big Red for your armpits," he complained as he rubbed it on. "I mean, I don't mind cinnamon, but they could make it a little less....loud." He capped it and was about to stuff it back into the bag when he turned to Aiden. "Need some?" he asked, offering it.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sat May 22, 2010 11:25 pm

Aiden shook his head. "Cinnamon is great and all, but I think I can live without smelling like it," he said, some of his usual awkwardness when talking to people deciding it was time to show up again. Although, it was a really great smell.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 1:44 am

Dodge shrugged and continued walking quietly, pushing his deodorant back down into the bag. The silence was thick but he somehow figured that it would be more strange to break it. Finally, they reached the main building and Dodge pulled the door open for Ai, letting him walk in. The cafeteria smelled strongly of gravy, which was pleasant enough, he supposed. He went up to the buffet-like line and eyed his options for the day. Immediately he loaded hi plate down with a roast beef sandwich, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a couple of ears of corn on the cob. He supposed that he could always go back for more if he didn't get full. He sat down on one of the (oddly empty) tables and waited for Ai. His mother had always sad it was rude to eat when not everyone was at the table yet.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 2:23 am

Ai followed behind Dodger frowned at the smell of the cafeteria. He really hated the smell of gravy and then gravy in general. It was weird and it was gross. Aiden grabbed some food, although it wasn't any near as much as Dodge had grabbed. Ai never really ate a lot. Then he walked over to the table and sat on the opposite side.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 3:11 am

Dodge grinned as the other boy sat down before immediately taking a giant chomp out his sandwich. He nearly moaned when he realized there was horseradish sauce on it. He'd grown up with a taste for strange condiments, and putting horseradish on anything pretty much guaranteed deliciousness. He swallowed his bite and glanced across the table at Aiden. "So, I know you're in Remington. What are your electives?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 3:20 am

Aiden poked at his food for a moment, contemplating what to eat first, as he had the habit of eating all of one thing before moving onto another to avoid odd taste mingling. He looked up from his food, which he had been concentrated on, when Dodger asked him a question. "I'm in Ancient Runes and Spanish and Astronomy. You?"

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 3:36 am

"I've got Astronomy too!' Dodge managed to say around a mouthful of mashed potatoes. He quickly chewed and swallowed, making sure he didn't have any gravy on his chin. "But I've also got Care of Magical Creatures and Zoology. Figured it would be an easy grade, and I really like Dean Hassan." He shoveled another spoonful of potatoes into his mouth, savoring the chunky bits. He was so glad the food here at Salem was good; it had been terrible at Faery Hill, mostly just packaged stuff. "So, who do you hang out with? I've never seen you around."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 3:48 am

Aiden took a smallish bite of whatever and chewed and swallowed before answer Dodger's question....with a shrug. "Not much of anyone. I don't make friends easy...Usually I'm painfully shy and awkward around strangers. Except, you seem to be an exception. So, normally I just stay in my room."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 3:53 am

"Oh, that's...." Dodge had been so caught up in his ear of corn (it was particularly fun if you ate it like a typewriter...chomp, chomp, chomp, ding! back tot the beginning) that he almost missed the point of what Aiden was saying. "That's...that's actually kind of sad, man. I can't imagine what I'd do if I didn't have my friends to hang around with. You should hang out with us sometime, since you're sort of comfortable around me."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:04 am

Aiden shrugged, sort of feeling uncomfortable at the moment. "I don't do well with groups of people either. Traumatizing experience as a child and all." Then he just stopped talking, thinking that with each word he said he sounded weirder and weirder.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:25 am

Dodge frowned, which it was often tough for him to do with a plate of food in front of him. "Well," he said carefully, a little worried for the guy, "you could just hang around with me sometimes I guess. Spend some time running or just...whatever it is you like to do. It's not healthy to be alone all the time."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:36 am

"I'm fine with being alone though," Aiden said, seeming defensive about it. Then he frowned. "Sorry I'm so weird and stuff. It's mostly my parents' faults I think." He hated making excuses, but this one he really believed. Somehow, his body and mind had naturally decided to rebel against the things his parents constantly tried to shove at him, making him into a shy, quiet loner.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:44 am

"No, it's fine," Dodge said, going back to his sandwich to polish it off. "I understand family issues. My dad left us, and my sister's a nut job. What's with yours?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:53 am

"That's horrible," Aiden said. And then shrugged. He seemed to be doing that a lot. "They just tried to shove all sorts of things at me and in reaction I became this weird loner guy. I don't want to know what they're going to try and push me into next."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 4:55 am

Dodge fidgeted and licked the horseradish from his finger, picking up another ear of corn. "That sucks. That's not why you're running track, is it? If so, we can just tell your parents you suck to get you out of it." He knew how bad it could be when people's parents pushed them into sports; they'd had so many unmotivated people get cut from the team that Dodge couldn't count them all.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 5:03 am

Aiden nearly had to laugh. "If my parents knew I was on the track team they would be appalled and would love to hear you say I suck so they would have a reason to stop me."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 5:08 am

"Oooh, rebellion." He took a swig from his sports drink and looked down at his plate. "You can tell me all about that right after I get back." He made a second trip to the line to grab himself another sandwich and another sports drink, knowing that he'd be really hungry later if he didn't get completely full. He trekked back to the table and set right in on the new sandwich. "Anyway. So, they wouldn't like you playing sports? Why not?"

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 5:15 am

"They would think the sport not dignified enough. They're really big on old traditions and stuff, since my entire family is descended from some old English line," Aiden explained. "They're really some of the most ridiculous people ever."

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 5:26 am

"What do they expect you to do, play polo on unicorns?" Dodge asked, rolling his eyes. He hated people like that. "But I doubt them being the most ridiculous. My dad's probably got the crown for that one." He dropped his eyes to the table and sat his sandwich back down on his tray, no longer interested.

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 5:40 am

Aiden frowned at the decline in Dodger's mood. He hadn't meant to trigger anything unpleasant. "Sorry," he started. "I didn't mean to..." There Aiden stopped, unsure how to word what he was apologizing for.

Back to top Go down
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 6:13 am

"You apologize a lot, you know that?" Dodge asked, opening up his second sports drink. "You shouldn't. But don't worry about it. I don't usually sulk about it. I guess today's just different." He shrugged and looked up into Aiden's face. "Guess we're both experiencing some firsts today."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
bossyboots.
Slytherin
Slytherin

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   Sun May 23, 2010 6:44 am

"Sor-" Aiden went to say, but stopped himself as he had been about to apologize again. "I mean, I don't normally apologize a lot. Today's just completely thrown off or something."

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: It's Like Running Away   

Back to top Go down

It's Like Running Away
Page 4 of 40Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 22 ... 40  Next