Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Reapers- August's little Baby

Go down 
AuthorMessage
gustafer
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

House : hufflypufffly.

PostSubject: Reapers- August's little Baby   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:06 am

“I will do it.” Her voice is low, and hollow, and yet stronger than I ever could have imagined. It was stronger then mine was, all those years ago.

“You do know what your agreeing to?” I asked, leaning back against the railing, glancing over her. Her hair was tossing in the wind, and she was shivering from cold. And yet, I felt nothing. No breeze, no chill. No warmth.

“Yes.” She glanced up, and nodded tersely. “I am fine.” She nodded, seemingly more to convince herself then to convince me. “When will I...” her voice trailed off. “Die.” She said finally and completely. “How much longer do I have?” Her brown eyes turned up to mine, and beneath them I glimpsed her soul.

“Until dawn.” I murmured, turning away. She nodded, accepting this. So brave, I thought. Incredibly brave.

“Will it hurt?” She asked, timidly. Her brown eyes were wide, and frightened. Pain was the last thing that should be on her mind. I shook my head.

“Never.” I offered a small smiled and extended my hand. She took it, clasping it between her own. She was frightened, and braver then I had been when I had accepted.

“Let me go say goodbye, and make amends.” She spoke in a small voice. “I will be back before sunrise.” I nodded, and she dropped my hand. She smiled, and turned away. If the Gods’ would have allowed to me cry, I would have.

Soon she would be back, and I would have to tell her the terms. I shuddered.

I remember the terms I was told. The terms that bind me, trapt me. Enslave me. And yet, my regrets are minimal. Somehow, this is what I am supposed to do. This is my purpose. My sole purpose. Mortality did me nothing. Immortality, if only loaned, however, granted me power. Power I might not have been ready for, power that I still can’t completely control. But that is besides the point. The Gods willed it to be, and I am their humble servant. Forevermore.

Not just anybody can become one of us. We are chosen, handpicked, and given a choice. Become a savior and a servant, or watch as the life we know and love became undone before our very eyes. “You can save them all,” They tell us, they whisper to us as we sleep. “It is just one hundred years, and then...” And then? Who knows. Final death, perhaps. Eternal sleep. One moment I will exist, then the next, nothing? I don’t know, and I have 75 more years to find out.

They choose us young. Teens, mostly. I was no exception. I am seventeen. In mind, in body, in spirit, in heart. I could be so much older, with what I have seen. What I have heard. What I have done. I don’t remember much of being alive. Faces, yes. Voices, yes. But the names...the names are gone. My own birth-given name is gone. Losing your identity is a condition. Losing your memory is just a solution. Thinking about what could of been only destroys you. It is best to forget.

My family, for I must have had one, does not remember me. This is something I chose. I didn’t want them to suffer a death of a son. It is best that they, too, forgot. I am more than I have ever been, but in essence I am no one.

Sometimes I wonder why I chose this. Sometimes I wish I could cry, but alas. The terms. I am forbidden.

i'm not gonna lie, i love Moodz & Ticcokie for teh awesomesauce that is my sig.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://augustestunebaleine.tumblr.com
gustafer
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Reapers- August's little Baby   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 am

This was it. The point of no return. She grimaced, steeling herself against the tremors that shook her body in a thousand places. Her eyes were clenched closed, and her fingers were balled at her side. She was so tiny, so frail, so young to be undertaking such a choice. But what was age, honestly?

She breathed in, and her shoulders relaxed. She thought of what she must do, of what she would do. Her eyes flipped open, and behind them burned a new strength. She tilted her head upwards, and smiled a wistful smile. It was a smile filled with unattainable sadness. It was the smile of her life. It was the end, and she was leaving mortality on her own terms. What better way to go, she mused, but on your own terms? There was none, she decided.

She glanced around herself. This was nothing she had expected death to be. It was pitch black, and a thousand butterflies flew around her, lighting up the sky. Each one another soul, another life gone. She nodded, reassuring herself. What was one hundred years? It was nothing. A century. Not eternity. It would go by faster than she was imagining. She nodded, again. She was making the right choice.

But the duty...Her eyes clenched involuntarily. She was by no means a baby, but she was by no means brave. Or was she? Here she was, intent on giving up her life, for the sakes of others. Perhaps she was brave after all.

She unclenched her hand, and in it was a single shard of glass. She glanced at it, and barely pausing a moment, she took the shard and cut her finger. One drop of blood spilled. She continued. Two drops. Three drops. Four drops. Ten. Twenty. Fifty. Ninety. Ninety nine. She paused, and glanced one more time around herself. The butterflies were still fluttering. Somewhere, below her, her family was sleeping. She cut her finger once more. The drop formed, and slowly fell to the floor.

And suddenly, she was dead.

Back to top Go down
gustafer
Gryffindor
Gryffindor

PostSubject: Re: Reapers- August's little Baby   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:07 am

Thoughts? xD Was it any good?

Back to top Go down
munches.
Slytherin
Slytherin

Location : Im the heir of Slytherin. Of course you would want to know were I was.
House : Slytherin :D FTW !?

PostSubject: Re: Reapers- August's little Baby   Thu Jul 08, 2010 1:11 am

dude.
O.o
How do you come up with this stuff?

^thank you, Laurz, Kat, Ticookie, and August. You four brighten my day drastically.^
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://scentandblood.twilightlegend.net/forum.htm
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reapers- August's little Baby   

Back to top Go down

Reapers- August's little Baby
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: Random Stuff :: Stories-
Jump to: