Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Kat's Declaration of Independence (SEPTEMBER 6, 2010)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Kat's Declaration of Independence (SEPTEMBER 6, 2010)   Mon Sep 06, 2010 8:41 pm

Declaration of Independence

In my senior year, I am at the point in my life where I am ready to move on. I am excited about the new opportunities that the future presents, especially in college—new classes, new people, and new settings, just to name a few. However, along with gaining new experiences, I also have the chance to break away from some of the aspects of high school life that I am not happy with. I declare my independence from all the limitations and impossibilities of now, and look forward to the possibilities of tomorrow.

I declare my freedom to travel. I should have the freedom to explore: I want to be able to spread my wings and go, never looking back. I declare my freedom from being tied to one place and from being grounded before my time.

I declare my freedom to make my own choices. I want the freedom to think, say, and write what I want, and to handle any consequences how I see fit. I declare my right to be completely honest and to make an impact.

I declare my freedom from harsh judgment. I declare my independence from judging others, but also from being judged myself. I have the right to be a contradiction; no one can tell me I cannot be a pragmatic dreamer. I am free to stare at the stars, to wear what I want, and to be the person I want to be. I want to spend time alone when I want to, and to befriend other people just as strange as me.

I declare my independence from the learning practices of my younger years. I should have the freedom not only to learn what I am interested in, but to learn it in the way that works best for me. I want the freedom to break away from the rigid scheduling of high school.

I declare my freedom to grow up. Although I am still young, I should not be treated like a child, immature and naïve. I want the freedom to make my own mistakes. I want the freedom to take control of my finances, my education, and my personal life.

I declare my freedom to remember the past. I want to make new friends in college without completely leaving the old behind. I want to be able to look back and remember both the good and the bad times.

Finally, I declare my independence from the established path in living out the rest of my life. I have the right to create my own future.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile

Kat's Declaration of Independence (SEPTEMBER 6, 2010)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: Random Stuff :: Stories-
Jump to: