Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Sunsets and Car Crashes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sat Nov 12, 2011 4:59 am

Will had been trudging through the last 23 days. If he had had a choice in the matter, he never would have stuck around to watch as Cal thought. Or didn't think. Either way, it was taking him way too bloody long to make a decision.

Will never took this long. He was impulsive. If he wanted something, he went for it. If something felt good, it was good, unless there was something seriously wrong with it, in which case he might have to think a bit longer before deciding he didn't care. Will never had to deliberate for 23 days over whether kissing someone was pleasant enough to merit a relationship, so he could kiss the person more.

Will understood that Cal always took this long, and he realized that Cal was PROBABLY going to take longer, but Will couldn't really do anything about that. He didn't bring it up, or pressure Cal to make a decision. Pushing Cal into any decision was a disaster waiting to happen. He needed to keep quiet, and let Cal think so that he could HURRY UP AND MAKE A BLOODY DECISION ALREADY.

Will and Cal spent the last 23 days trying to act like things were normal. Will felt he was pulling it off quite nicely, because things could have been about 10 times more awkward then they were. The pair spent time together, although Will spent just a little bit more time "studying" alone than he normally would. They both knew it was a lie, because Will never studied, but they let it go.

They hung out at the lake quite a bit, which Will found a little bit disconcerting. He guessed it was Cal's way of thinking things through. Nature and all that stuff helped people, and it was certainly an important place in their relationship, he supposed. That was where Cal first approached him. That was where they spent lazy spring afternoons, goofing off and being friends.

Will didn't expect anything at all, which was why his heart practically stopped when on the 24th day, Cal said something unexpected.

"So, I've up my mind."

"About bloody time," Will said. He probably should have said something less sarcastic, to let Cal know that he was taking this seriously. He probably should have said something more along the lines of, "And, what did you decide?" That would be a normal response. However, Will wasn't going to be thoughtful. Cal was lucky he was even able to talk. Will's composure was the only thing keeping him from bolting.

This was the first time Will was genuinely scared about the status of a relationship.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:55 am

Will's response helped snap a little of the tension that Cal had managed to wind up inside his own head. He laughed, awkward and cut short, but he still felt less like he was teetering at the edge of a cliff of questionable height. "Hey now, it hasn't even been a month. It too me longer to pick out my new trainers." Which were already pinching his toes. Hell.

Cal felt the same shakes he'd had when Will kissed him and gripped tight at his knees to stop them. 'I. Well. I don't see why not." He'd honestly meant to say more, to explain why he'd decided in favor of what Will wanted, but his throat seized up at the mere thought.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:04 am

Will froze. "Wait... You don't see why not?" His brain scrambled to deal with what was happening. This was not exactly what he had expected. This was in fact the exact opposite of what he had expected. Will had genuinely, for the first time in his life, expected to be rejected, and it was a weird and wonderful feeling to be proven wrong, especially by Cal. Cal was definitely acting out of character, and Will couldn't have been prouder.

Will couldn't have been happier. However, he had to wait a bit, so he could understand exactly what was going on. If this was all some sort of huge cosmic joke, some faces were going to be punched in.

"Why? What happened to make your mind go all flippy?" (Kat's note: it took all my self-restraint to stop him from saying, "BUT YOU ARE ROCKS! ROCKS DON'T HAVE URGES!")

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:35 am

"Flippy? Really?" Cal shook his head, wondering if he was really so consistent that this was a shocking decision. "It wasn't really that much of a decision. Y-you...made a good case for yourself. Solid. And..." He tipped his head down and willed himself not to blush, wondering if his magic could redirect all his blood somewhere like his feet. He knew that Will would ask if he just left it there, though, so he steeled himself and looked back up at Will.

"If it's going to be anyone, it'll be you. I...I can't say I always knew it, but I should've." Cal shrugged, feeling suddenly vulnerable and far more on the line than he had been yet. It was one thing to agree to this; it was another to show all of his cards before the hand was over.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:41 am

Will couldn't help but smirk at the first part. He wished he would have known much earlier that he just had to kiss Cal to get him to come around. It shouldn't have worked--lots of girls had kissed Cal before, and nothing had happened. Will wondered briefly how him kissing Cal should have been any different, but then remembered who exactly he was. He was Will, and he was most likely a far superior kisser to any of them.

"Why d'you say that?" Will asked, enjoying this greatly. "I mean, I should've known ages ago, but that's because I'm me. You're you. Why should you have known?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:09 am

"I don't change very often, Will. I know myself pretty well because of it." Cal paused and replayed all of the moments and thoughts he'd gone over in the past several weeks. "It's not that I ever looked at you and thought you were something I wanted. Just...you're the only person I ever sought out." He wasn't sure that Will knew that, that he met everyone else he knew by luck or convenience or both. "I heard about you and I went out and found you. Why did I do that?" He didn't even have an answer for that yet, hoping that whatever they were about to embark on would help clear it up.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:15 am

Will shrugged. "I always just assumed it was that I had a reputation. You needed help, and I was as good of a bet as anyone. I don't usually know what is going on in that head of yours." That wasn't exactly true; Will generally had a good idea what was going on in Cal's head. However, it was instinctual. It wasn't something he really thought about, it was a gut reaction.

"So," Will said, finally getting down to the main point. "This is happening."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:22 am

Cal nodded slowly, feeling even more anxious now that Will seemed to be actually paying attention to the outcome of this decision. "I...still don't know exactly what I'm supposed to...what...you know. I don't how to....date? It seems like something you do with someone you don't know that well." The clear solution was to consider them past the 'dating' stage, but the possibilities in that were way too much for Cal at the moment. "I'm just going to play follow the leader, I guess."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 am

"Cal, I think we're past dating. I don't know what we are, but I do not think it is dating. Dating is going to restaurants and movies and crap to give people excuses to spend money on each other and make out. The making out part is nice..." Will stopped. He forgot for a second that this was not like normal, when he could ramble about kissing and Cal would roll his eyes. Now, this directly impacted Cal. "But, I don't expect it from you anytime soon. I'm still shocked you survived the first kiss. We'll take things slow, if that's what you need."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:35 am

Proudly suppressing a squirm, Cal inwardly tried to process the term 'making out' while including himself in the picture. He'd seen couples around the castle, of course, and sometimes saw far more than he cared to, but he had never stopped to put himself in the situation. "There's no reason to think it would /kill/ me, Will. I doubt even your mouth can do that." In a rare moment of clarity, Cal colored at his own words and made a note to be more careful when he talked. "I...don't know yet what I need. We'll just have to see, I guess?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:46 am

Cal was lucky Will cared so much about him. With Cal himself using unintentional innuendo, it was very, very had to keep his head in a safe place. Taking this slow with Cal was going to be very painful, and Will was not sure exactly how he was going to go about surviving, besides spending lots of time in the showers. He was lucky he played quidditch, and could get away with it.

Cal just... Will didn't understand how Cal couldn't crave physical contact. He couldn't understand how he could be so freaked out, when it was the human body's natural function. Closeness, kissing, sex--all that stuff was what bodies were FOR. Cal must have gotten mixed-up hormones, or something. Will himself must have gotten some mixed up hormones, if he had somehow ended up in love with someone like this, who would move very slowly towards anything remotely intimate.

"Do you want to set any guidelines now?" Might as well give Cal a chance to tell him things he really, really wasn't uncomfortable with, so at least Will wouldn't screw up and move too fast. He wanted to get there, but if Cal wasn't comfortable, he wasn't going there.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:10 am

Oh Merlin. Guidelines. Cal tried hard to think of anything that would send up a definite red flag for him. The only problem with that was that pretty much everything sent up a red flag. "The kissing...doesn't really scare me anymore. So that's...I mean, I'm okay with that." He let his mind wander to the steps past that which Will would undoubtedly want and felt his insides flip uncomfortably. "You...just. I know how you are about trying to keep me from being shy, but please don't try to get me out of any of my clothes yet. Not while I might actually grow an inch just in the time I've got them off." He couldn't really think of anything else that would be too terribly frightening. It'd be difficult for Will to get at anything too personal without getting some of his clothes off. "Otherwise...you're the expert."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:20 am

"Okay. Clothing off is bad. Kissing is okay. Sex is difficult to do without getting clothing off." Will knew that actually mentioning sex out loud would probably make Cal flinch, but he had to say it anyway. It was a possibility in the far away future, and Will wanted to leave all his options open from day one. "I can keep track of that." He could. There was nothing difficult about that list, except for the actual carrying it out part.

Being told that he was the expert sent shivers down Will's spine. Cal was handing control over the direction of their relationship to Will. Will held the power, which was a very dangerous thing. Will knew that he would not forgive himself if he abused that power, and he knew from an objective standpoint that he could rely on himself to respect Cal and his boundaries. However, the feeling of control...

Will had to stop his brain, and remind himself of the rules.

He wanted very badly to kiss Cal, since that was allowed.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:28 am

Cal opened his mouth and then bit down on his lip, hard. He took a moment to consider whether what he wanted to say was advisable, but in the end, it could be no worse than Will mentioning...well, the unmentionable. "My clothes off is a bad idea. You can...I don't...I like the way you look." Well. That went smoothly. This was one of the things Cal had thought about over the past 23 days. He'd always had trouble keeping his eyes off Will, if purely in an aesthetic sense. It seemed a pretty good jumping off point for figuring how how the entire attraction thing worked.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:39 am

Will raised an eyebrow. That was a bit unexpected. True, lots of people enjoyed seeing Will without clothing on, but he hardly expected that from Cal. Mentally, he looked at the list--that opened up the possibility of blow jobs and hand jobs both. Will seriously doubted that Cal realized this.

"I can spend some time naked," Will said, a wry smile on his face.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:57 am

It was a good thing Will loved Cal, or the severely unattractive look on his face probably would have been a point of teasing and gossip for weeks. It wasn't his fault that his jaw dropped and his eyes bulged when Will said something so blatantly...well, not exactly dirty, but definitely over the top. "Y-y-y..." Cal paused a took a deep breath. Stuttering would get him nowhere. "That was a bit much," he admitted once he had gotten his wits about him. Admittedly, he had sort of given Will permission to be naked, even if that wasn't what he'd been aiming at. It would be weird to retract it now though, and....well he had to start somewhere. He was pretty sure Will wouldn't spontaneously strip anyway. Or, well, about 60% sure. "Especially in public. If those seventh year girls are listening to us I'm going to die."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:02 am

Will grinned at Cal's expression. He didn't know anyone's face could so closely resemble a fish. It was a bit much, admittedly, but he couldn't resist saying it. "Which seventh year girls?" Will looked around, and saw the group Cal was referring to. "Ah, them? Don't worry. They shouldn't be an issue. I've dated at least two of them, and both enjoyed seeing me naked quite a bit. Your only concern should be that they will get jealous of you, really."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:10 am

Cal blinked in surprise and then looked over at the girls again, wondering which of them had been...with...Will. It took only a few seconds for his extremely cautious and overly worried brain to panic. "Hey, you are, um....you're safe, right? I mean, not that I expect to be doing something I could catch something from anytime soon but...um. Now I sound like a jerk." It was probably rude to imply to one's...significant other? that they could possibly have some sort of social disease. "I just. You sort of get around. A lot."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:13 am

Will should have been offended, but he took it in stride. It was not the first time he had been asked that.

"I'm safe. I date around a lot, I don't always have sex, you know. Sometimes I get bored and break things off before we get to that point. When we do, I'm very careful. You won't get anything from me." Will was certain of that much.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:22 am

Cal breathed a sigh of relief. He didn't know what he'd actually been expecting to hear, but it was nice to hear that Will had at least some sense of self-preservation. Pranks that could leave him armless? All systems go. Unprotected sex? Apparently a no-no.

It took Cal a moment to realize he'd just clearly thought about sex without feeling like he might be getting sick. Oh. "That's...okay. Good. Just checking." He glanced curiously over at the girls again, who weren't actually paying attention to them. "What's, um....what's it like?" he asked vaguely, hoping Will got the point. It wasn't something he was interested in spelling out aloud.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:27 am

Will shrugged. "It depends. It's different with guys and girls, and it's different based on who it's with." Will didn't really know how to explain it to Cal. It was one of those things that he could experience hundreds of times and still not put into words coherently. "I feel like you won't completely understand it until you do it, and even then, we might have some issues to work through."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:38 am

Will's response was dreadfully unhelpful. Cal liked to have an idea of what he was getting into ahead of time. Instructions, or at least a summary, always helped something go more smoothly. Hopefully, that was something he could deal with down the line. Way, way down the line. "So. I set down some guidelines. Is there anything I'm supposed to do? Or not do? Or just...know?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:44 am

Will thought for a second. There was very little he wanted to tell Cal to do, because if Cal was going to do anything, Will wanted it to be of his own free will, knowing exactly what he was getting himself into. However, Will supposed he could lay down at least one basic.

"Well, first of all, know that I am going to want to try things. You, however, are new to this, and I might try and move too quickly. So, if I ever do anything you're not comfortable with, or that feels wrong, stop me." Will wanted to say that first. It was the golden rule of any relationship he was in. "I don't care what it is, okay? If you don't like it, tell me to stop, and I will." Will debated bringing up safewords, but he figured it wouldn't be an issue for a while. "Most of my rules are about more sexual stuff, really, so we should be okay, for the most part, until you're ready.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:23 pm

Cal managed a wavering smile, feeling a little more reassured. He knew, he supposed that Will would never force him into anything, but hearing it actually said soothed his nerves. "Trust me, you'll know if I'm not ready for something." He twiddled his thumbs in his lap, trying to figure out what happened now that it was all worked out and in the open. "Um. So is this going to be a public thing?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:36 pm

Will shrugged. "I don't care either way. I'm just warning you now that my romantic life gets quite a bit of scrutiny. We could probably pull of something secret for a while, since we spend so much time together anyway, but it'll eventually become public, most likely. As for which we start out with? That's up to you entirely. What are you comfortable with?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   

Back to top Go down

Sunsets and Car Crashes
Page 5 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: RolePlaying :: Whole Stories (Marauder's Era)-
Jump to: