Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

Sunsets and Car Crashes

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:32 pm

Will was searching for his Hufflepuff friend when he realized that he was hungry. Although Will wanted to find Cal, feeding his stomach was far more pressing. He would be able to sneak up on Cal tomorrow, after all.

Will turned down the hallway and approached the kitchen. He was opening the door when he heard a very familiar voice. He grinned to himself. He was not going to question exactly why Cal was in the kitchen--it was not exactly in character for him. However, he was pleased that finding him was so incredibly easy.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 7:48 pm

ELLIE:

Cal was just attempting to talk a few of the more loquacious house elves into letting him help remodel the kitchen when he heard the door swing open behind him. For a moment, he was sure that he was about to get detentions for weeks, but instead he looked up from his bread pudding to find Will.

"Hi," he said, losing a raisin from his mostly full mouth. He took a moment to chew and swallow before he tried again. "I see you didn't burn the castle down while I was gone. I'm honestly astonished. Please tell me you at least tried."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 9:10 pm

Will saw Cal and was stunned. He knew Cal had been growing over the last semester, but he had been watching it gradually. Now, with a whole break away from Cal, his growth spurt appeared more sudden and abrupt. Cal was growing into himself, and it was bizarre for Will. Will could no longer tease Cal about his height... although, he could reference... Actually, Will decided, he could always tease Cal about his height, as long as Will himself was taller. His thoughts finally turned back to Cal, and once again he had to stop himself from gaping at Cal's suddenly longer limbs.

However, being Will, he retained his composure long enough to respond snarkily before expressing his alarm. "I tried to burn down the castle several times, and I would have gotten away with it, too, if it weren't for that meddling cat of Filch's. Bloody thing is abnormal, I swear. Speaking of abnormal, WHY did you neglect to tell me you grew about a foot and a half over break? I wrote you letters, you know. The least you could have done was mentioned, 'Oh, and Will, by the way, I am a WEED and I do not stop GROWING so next time you see me, I will be getting closer to being as tall as YOU,' which will be an awful day indeed." Will's mouth was running away with him, but he figured Cal would be able to sort through the mess, if anyone could.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:15 pm

ELLIE:

"Trust me, that cat is completely ordinary. All cats are like that, this one's just aligned with Filch. Not exactly the best role model for a poor, impressionable animal." Cal gulped down the last of the milk in his glass and managed a smile as it was immediately refilled,

Of course, the happy break from all of the comments and questions was short-lived. "I did write. I just figured you didn't want to hear about me rolling about in bed groaning every night. Not exactly small talk." Hoping that would be the last of it, Cal gestured to the seat beside him. "Come have some of this. They've outdone themselves this time."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Sun Oct 16, 2011 11:21 pm

Will watched as Cal devoured the food in front of him. This kid was very different from the kid that he was friends with. Cal was breaking the rules and changing on him, and this did not make Will happy. Also, his recent revelations were validated, seeing Cal like this. Just... Will tried to avoid thinking about it. Cal would notice something being different if he let his thoughts run away with themselves.

Cal talking about rolling around in bed and groaning did not make matters any easier.

Nevertheless, Will sat down next to Cal. The house elves eagerly provided food for Will, who was a regular in the kitchens. Will snacked, watching Cal the entire time. Something seemed a bit off. Not just the height thing. Will was past that now. But something about Cal seemed... somber. Like a wet tea leaf. Dripping and soggy and not at all normal.

"How was break?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:16 am

Ellie:

Even the fairly short silence on Will's end made Cal extremely uncomfortable. It was usually impossible to get him to shut up, so the quiet jumped up like a red flag in front of his face. And of course, when he did finally talk, it was something he sincerely didn't want to go into.

"I already told you," Cal muttered, wiping off his upper lip. "I was in pain. And my sister got married. It was kind of a mess." That was the least of what had happened, but Cal wasn't sure he was even ready to think about that, much less talk about it. "How about yours, apart from hating Filch's cat?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:21 am

Will knew that Cal was hiding something. It was obvious. The question was whether he wanted to let Cal get away with it or not. It was clearly something Cal wanted to keep a secret for a while, and Will should have respected that. He knew about keeping secrets, and he knew about Cal. He shouldn't push him. However, Will was deathly curious, and it was not in his nature to let secrets remain secrets.

Will ignored Cal's question. "Are you sure someone didn't get blown up or something? You're uncharacteristically dodgy. Something clearly had to have blown up spectacularly for you to be this twitchy. I would know. I've blown up lots of things around you."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:39 am

ELLIE:

Cal's insides turned to mush at Will's words. Of course, he hadn't expected to really get away with keeping thins from Will, but he didn't expect for him to try to drag it out so quickly. "Well, Kerri's wedding cake sort of blew up, if that counts. Other than that, no. Trust me, if someone had went kablooey I'd have definitely, definitely written. Probably about my plans for some sort of modified wheelbarrow to help gather all the scattered body parts." In fact, Cal probably wouldn't have written if someone had blown up...that was the sort of thing their family kept to themself. He had never questioned how tightly kept some of the family's business was, but a lot of it had come clear over the break.

Cal seriously doubted that even the light-hearted chatter would break Will's focus on his secrecy. It's truly uncanny how well Will can zero in on things when he wants to. "You ignored my question, you know. Maybe you're dodging too."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 17, 2011 12:43 am

Will narrowed his eyes. "Okay. We both know you aren't fooling anyone. Something big happened, and I'm going to find out what it is. This will be easier on both of us if you just come out and tell me, you know. I will use any means necessary, you know."

"As for my Christmas break, it was spent frolicking and causing trouble and blowing things up, and that is all. Normal stuff. Not like your break." Will did not want to dwell on it, because Cal would use it is a distraction.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:13 am

ELLIE:

"I'm not even trying to fool you, Will. That'd be pointless. I'm just trying to get you to do most of the talking so I can keep stuffing my face." Cal's saucer still held half of the pudding the house elves had served him. In all honesty, he thought he might be a little ill if he finished it all, but it was something to do with his mouth that wasn't spilling family secrets.

Forcing down another bite of the dessert with its sweet caramel sauce, he chewed slowly and simply looked at his friend, waiting. When he didn't say anything else, he shrugged, sipping his milk. "Just gonna watch me eat? Details, man."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:16 am

Will was pleased that Cal acknowledged that trying to fool him was pointless. However, he was still going to make him talk. "Okay, quit eating. You have eaten more than I have, and that is dangerous territory to go into, whether you are growing like a weed or not. Just talk. What is going on?"

"Nothing really interesting happened. Nothing to elaborate on."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:05 pm

With a distressed sigh, Cal dropped his fork and shook his head. "You're giving me indigestion, you know. You're bad for my health." Or it was possibly the huge amount of food he'd shoveddown in such a short period of time. More fun to blame Will, though. "I don't know why you keep asking the same thing over and over. You're not getting results. Change tactics or stop." Cal forced down another sip of milk and then groaned quietly before standing up and stretching out. "Either way, I'm going now."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 3:13 pm

Will knew that if he kept at this long enough, he would get an answer, even though Cal was being abnormally stubborn. Clearly, this had to be something important. When Cal got up to move out of the room, Will decided to follow him. Although it was a bit creepy, this was Cal, and Will was Will.

Will raised an eyebrow. "That's rather abrupt, you know." Cal was never abrupt. "Where are you off to in such a hurry?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:29 pm

ELLIE:

Cal shrugged, trying to brush Will off as they made their way out into the corridor. "Nowhere in particular." He was terrible and dodging thanks to next to no practice at it, but if he could just keep his mouth shut. "I'd think you'd applaud me being more spontaneous. Isn't that the whole point of you?" Cal considered quickening his steps but he wasn't yet tall enough to outpace Will even without the phantom ache in his limbs.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:37 pm

"I would applaud you for being more spontaneous if you weren't doing it to dodge answering my question." Will picked up his pace a bit to match Cal's speed. When he realized Cal was just going to keep walking faster, Will slid in front of Cal, blocking his path down the hallway. "Now talk."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 pm

ELLIE:

Cal put on the brakes as swiftly as he could to keep from barrelling headfirst into Will. He crossed his arms defensively, staring slightly up into Will's face in waning defiance. It only took a few seconds to realize there wasn't anything to be done for it and he'd have to give in sooner or later. Sooner was almost always better than later for Cal. "Okay. Something did happen. It's about Max."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:12 pm

Will was surprised but pleased that Cal was giving up. Cal had to know that there was no way to avoid telling him things that he wanted to know. Er, well... there didn't used to be. Cal staring up into Will's face like that was visibly distracting. Cal actually looked his age now...

When Cal said the words, "It's about Max," though, Will's attention was jolted back into reality. That was not a good sign. At all. "What about Max?" Will asked quietly.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 9:43 pm

ELLIE:

Cal took a minute to gather his thoughts, feeling relieved and a little hopeful that Will would take this seriously. He doubted he'd be getting any advice, and he hadn't even said anything yet, but already he felt better. Keeping things from Will was like sticking the Dutch boy's finger in the damn....it couldn't hold for long.

"Do you remember," Cal started slowly, "when I got that letter about Max getting his magic? I...didn't want to say anything then, because I was supposed to be happy for him, but.... Well, it just seemed off. It didn't make any sense for him to be a wizard. Improbably. It's not like it could rub off on him." He took a deep breath to steady his voice. "I found out over break where he got his magic from."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:28 pm

Will suspected what was coming before Cal said a thing. Cal had told him little snippets about his family over the years. Enough that Will had a pretty good idea what was coming next. Will did not like it at all.

"Who?" Will asked. He almost did not want to ask it, but it was the only thing he could say.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Tue Oct 18, 2011 10:59 pm

ELLIE

"I....do you want the short version or the whole thing? If you want the story, I'm gonna need to sit down." Cal was already trying to put the sequence of events together in his head...the scramble for the marriage license, the letter, and all of the fallout. "It's....I don't think I've even let it sink in all the way yet. It's awful, Will. I don't know what to do."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Wed Oct 19, 2011 12:52 am

Will patted Cal on the shoulder, which was much higher than it used to be. He should be avoiding contact with Cal--it was not helping matters any on his end of things. However, if he stopped with his patterns of physical contact, Cal would know immediately that something was up.

"Sit down. Let's talk this over bit by bit. What happened that could be so traumatic? We'll work something out."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:25 am

ELLIE:

Given permission, Cal sank to the stone floor, arms wrapped around his drawn-up knees. It still didn't feel right yet to take up even this much space, but that took a backseat to the more pressing matters on his mind. When he opened his mouth, the carefully planned storyline flew out the window.

"Kerri...she can't keep up with anything, so she gave her marriage license to our father, and then the day of the wedding no one could find it and dad was busy and mom sent me to his study and I couldn't find a letter and then I found a letter from my Max's mom and....Will, he's not just my brother, he's /really/ my brother. My dad...my aunt...I don't know, Will. There's money involved, a lot, and blackmail, and I'm starting to wonder if her dying was an accident at all, and I wanted Max to have a real dad and now all he has is my shitty one." He took a deep breath and tried to run over everything he'd said in his mind, but it was all just a jumble. "I'm sorry," he apologized quickly, running his hands through his fringe. "I think I'm going crazy. All of me. My body, my family, my mind."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Wed Oct 19, 2011 1:37 am

Will sat down next to Cal, trying to be reassuring, but not really knowing what to do. Cal's issues were a bit beyond the scope of his family issues. He just had awful parents. Cal had a family that was falling apart.

Will processed the information quickly, and his first reaction was to jump into questioning. He wanted to get the facts straight before he said anything stupid. "First off, breathe. How does your dad treat Max? Does your mom know?" Will stopped, not wanting to attack Cal with a bunch of questions when he was clearly having a bit of a breakdown. Then, Will asked the most important question. "Cal, how long have you been keeping that in?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:12 am

ELLIE:

Cal forced himself to breathe and focus on Will's words instead of once again spiraling into the dead ends he'd found himself in throughout the break. "Kerri's wedding was....three days after I got home. They wanted to take their honeymoon over Christmas." At least that part he had perfectly straight in his head. The others....they were harder. "My mom doesn't know anything. I think that's where some of the money went...what was left from my dad's inheritance, the stuff that would have kept us in nice clothes and fairly new schoolbooks. I think he used it to make sure no one told my mom. I don't think I want her to know, really."

Turning to look Will in the eye, Cal addressed the first question, and the hardest to answer. "It's the worst thing, Will. He treats him like a stranger. As if mom's babysitting him for the afternoon. I thought it was bad enough, the way he is to me and to Kerii...it's like Max isn't even on his radar. His own kid."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   Wed Oct 19, 2011 2:20 am

Will grimaced. He should not care about the little kid, Max. He had no real reason whatsoever to care about someone else's kid. Stupid Cal made him care, though. Cal always made him care about things he shouldn't.

Including Cal.

"So basically, your dad is an absolute jackass who has not only fucked up your life beyond belief, but also your mom's, Kerii's, and especially Max's." He did not know what else to say. It all really boiled down to that.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sunsets and Car Crashes   

Back to top Go down

Sunsets and Car Crashes
Page 3 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Order Of The Phoenix :: RolePlaying :: Whole Stories (Marauder's Era)-
Jump to: