Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

if it's the same for you, i'll just hang

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:43 am

"Won't he just be angrier, though? It might be nice to say, 'You, sir, are a dickhead,' but that's not going to make him leave me alone and I don't have much to back it up with. If I sic Persy on him again, he'll just call us a bunch of ugly words for lesbians." Carly continued walking for a moment before
she realized something, and the abrupt glance she planned in her mind came across more lazy than she'd intended. "Nothing wrong with being a lesbian. But he's ugly about it."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:48 am

"Hex him in his sleep or something until he lets up. You can make him get spots in the shape of the word dick or something. I heard once that you can get up into the Gryffindor guy's dormitories, but they can't get into yours. I don't know if it's true, but if it is, he can't get back at you when you're asleep. Put up a shield or two around yourself when you're in public spaces, or have Persy help out or get a prof involved if it doesn't stop. That's seriously rapey shit, it's not okay, and you shouldn't have to sit there and have that asshole try and force himself on you and bully you for not liking it."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:54 am

Carly frowned slightly at all of the options laid out in front of her. They made sense, but....well. "I'm used to it, I guess. He's just the worst one really. All I have to do is get out of his way and he forgets for a while. I just get scared because his friends are with him a lot and I can't fight them all if it comes to that. It hasn't. But I mean, it could. So I just keep running away. Normally I find Persy, or one of my hiding spots, or I go up to my dorm. Today I found you."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:56 am

Abe frowned, but shrugged. "Whatever works for you. You know your own situation best. Just know that if you ever decide to hex him, I'm totally in your corner. Hell, I'd do it for you, if you didn't feel safe doing it on your own. They can usually trace that kind of magic, and it'd land you in trouble, which wouldn't really improve the situation."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:00 am

"That would be silly of you. You don't even know me. Not really, at least. And he'd be angry with you, then, too. I wouldn't want that. I'll go to a professor if it gets really bad. That's part of their job, right? Making sure the students are safe."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:02 am

"Professors are the best option," Abe agreed. "But I don't really need to know you to know he's an asshole. I wouldn't do anything about it, realistically, but if I hypothetically were to do something, it wouldn't be because he was mean to you so much as because he was mean in the first place. Besides, it's really, really hard to view me as threatening, you know. I'm the stoner kid who blows off class to smoke under the stairs."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:06 am

"You're wicked smart, though," Carly said earnestly, because it was impossible to miss when you listened to him talk. "I bet if you know all that stuff about space and brain things, you must know some pretty good ways to put people in their places. I wouldn't want to make you angry." She paused consideringly. "I don't like making anyone angry, but still."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:09 am

"I'm not very good at staying angry at people enough for revenge most of the time, and I don't know that I'd actually be very good at it," Abe admitted. "Brain and space stuff is more fun, because you just get really, really high and go online and go wild clicking links and opening tabs, and then, when you're slightly less high and more likely to understand what's on the screen, you read through everything you opened up. So I don't know much about actual brain stuff, I just know what I've read in random articles on the internet. Space I know more about, but that's because I really, really like space."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:14 am

"You should go there. Space, I mean. I don't think you can just wander around up there and end up in the right spot up, though."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:17 am

Abe burst out laughing. "That'd be the best story ever. Turn on the news one day and you see, 'In other news, a young, stoned boy was captured wandering around Mars today with a strange, bubble-like fixture surrounding his head. Scientists are unsure as to how the device worked, how he managed to get there, and how he plans to get back.' The wizarding world would probably be pretty mad at me, though, for that one."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:21 am

Normally, Carly despised laughing in public, but she couldn't keep a straight face with Abe going on the way he way he was. "I meant like an astronaut, but wow," she said, giggling and then abruptly stopping when she gave an unintentional snort. "Would a bubblehead charm work in space, though?" she asked quickly, hoping the embarrassing sound would be forgotten.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:23 am

"I mean, I figured you meant as an astronaut, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't pass the drug test to get into any sort of real program, and I don't plan on giving up my weed and doing all the physical stuff it'd require to be an astronaut. I'd much rather just wander up there stoned. And the bubblehead charm should work in space. I mean, the whole point is that it works where there isn't breathable oxygen, right? It'd just have to be really, really strong and last for a long time, or I'd die up in space with no oxygen."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:27 am

"Hmm." Carly considered the idea for a moment. "But isn't there, like...I don't know. I mean, they don't just wear stuff over their heads in space. There's like....a pressure difference? Or something. No point in oxygen around your head if you can't breathe in because your chest is squashed."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:31 am

"There are also the gravity and propulsion issues. It isn't really something that could work. It's just fun to think about," Abe said. "As it is, I might have an internship lined up for this summer working with an astronomy department here at Hogwarts. They don't usually like to offer them, especially not to people like me, but I really, really like astronomy, and math and science were classes I actually cared enough to do the work in back in muggle school."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:37 am

"I just don't have the head for all that. Arithmancy has math but it's little numbers, nothing special. Herbology is science, I guess, but not a hard one. It's more like they made gardening a class. An internship sounds really cool, though. My dad will probably make me wait tables again this summer."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:39 am

"Why would he make you wait tables when you're obviously uncomfortable with dudes trying to put the moves on you? That's like... waitressing is one of those jobs were you're constantly sexually harassed and having to deal with other people being horrible. That's legitimately one of the worst jobs for someone like you."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:45 am

"He thinks I should learn to deal with it. Since I.....well," Carly hedged uncomfortably. "That's what men are like, he says, and if I'm always going to say no, I'm going to have it happen a lot. He thinks it'll make it not freak me out so much? Or maybe that it will make me hate guys more." She shook her head, waving her hands as well to clear the words out of her head. "It's not as bad as you'd think. The place I worked didn't serve booze so there weren't many handsy drunks. Mostly it was old men. They say things but they never do anything about it."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:47 am

That made Abe balk. "Dude, you have no idea how sick that made me listening to it, and it's not even something I'm having to go through. There is legitimately none of what you just said that is okay."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:51 am

"He means well," Carly insisted. "He's really not a creep or something." Maybe her dad didn't know exactly the best way of dealing with things, but he'd always been there for her. "He just doesn't understand it's not something you build up a tolerance for."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:31 pm

"It's just troubling, a little," Abe said. "Like, that kind of shit is part of culture. He's not the only one who thinks that, and it couldn't be more wrong. Men aren't all like that, and by treating it the way he does, he's basically excusing their behavior, which is not cool."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw/Meriwether

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:37 pm

"They're not all like that, but the ones that are don't really care if my father excuses what they do or not." Carly's inability to control the direction of the conversation was starting to worry her a little. This was not what she'd wanted to talk about; she was just trying to show she wasn't going to sit around during the summer while Abe did something cool. "There aren't a lot of places for a girl my age to work where we live, anyway. I'd like to work in the library, but I don't know if they'd have me."

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:41 pm

"You should apply. You seem to like libraries, and it'd be much better than waiting tables. You probably get paid better, too, since you don't need people's tips to hit minimum wage." Abe could tell she was getting vaguely uncomfortable, so he let the boy thing slip through his fingers some. It'd probably come back up eventually; it seemed to be a big issue for her, and he wasn't really fussed about it right that second (mostly because he wasn't fussed about anything right then).

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:47 pm

"The money doesn't really mean much to me. Mostly I give it to my dad. He uses some of it to help with the bills and he puts some of it away for me." Shopping was fun, of course, but Carly wasn't too keen on it when most of the clothes for girls her age seemed to be short, tight, or both. "It might be nice not to come home smelling like chips all summer." Her stomach gave another grumble.

Moony Wormtail Padfoot Prongs's anagram name is GO! WOLF MONOTONY PROMPTS A RAID
THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm

"CHIPS! I could have roast beef sandwiches and chips. That's what I really want," Abe decided. "Chips are nice and greasy and they're best when they're a little bit on the crispy side, don't you think?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
josettes.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:07 pm

"Mmm, greasy," Carly agreed, trying to remember the last thing she'd eaten today. It surely wasn't something delicious and fried. "I always liked mine a little soggy, though. I don't like things that crunch too much."

THANK YOU PADFOOT
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   

Back to top Go down

if it's the same for you, i'll just hang
Page 5 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next