Order Of The Phoenix

Marauders Forever

HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in
House Points
Slytherin and Ravenclaw are cooler than you.
Similar topics
El Zombi Pequeño
Affiliates

Share | 

if it's the same for you, i'll just hang

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

House : Ravenclaw and Burkenshire

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:30 am

"Um." Carly didn't really have a good response for 'I like you' coming from someone not trying to work an angle. Or at least, she didn't think Abe was working an angle. "Thank you? I don't think Persy has fun. She smiles a lot, but it's like an evil genius, 'my plans have come together' kind of smile." She paused for a second, taking stock of what she'd just said, and fluttered her eyes open. "That was a stupid thing to say," she noted, not sure whether she was talking to herself or Abe. "Persy's not evil. I just meant...I don't know what I meant."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:32 am

"Don't sweat it, I get what you mean. She should have more fun with herself. So many people take themselves way too seriously." Abe grinned. "Looks like the weed's hitting you, then. Are you starting to feel it, or has it not quite clicked up there yet?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:39 am

"I feel...." She took a minute to think over what the right word was and momentarily lost her train of thought. "Heavy," she decided after a while. "And kind of sleepy, but better. I don't want to run away from anyone. So don't do anything creepy."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:41 am

"Won't do anything creepy, I promise." It occurred to Abe then that he did tend to get a bit touchy-feely when he was high, but he figured he had managed to reign that in so far, and probably could manage to keep that up. "If I do, I don't intend it, and you'll have to let me know so I don't do it again."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:51 am

"You're too nice," Carly complained. "Those are the worst ones. You start thinking they want to be friends and then they tell you you have pretty eyes, or something. I don't even like telling Persy about them. They didn't do anything wrong, I just hate it." She'd had this conversation with her dad half a dozen times and ended up in tears most of them, but she feels a little far from it at the moment. It still sucks, but it seems to suck somewhere else.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:53 am

"Nah, wasn't planning on it. I don't really tend to give out those kinds of compliments unless there's some sort of weird circumstances. Because, like, it's not my job to tell a girl she's pretty. Either she's fishing for compliments or she doesn't need to hear it, you know? My opinion on her eyes doesn't make her any more or less worthwhile as a person."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:59 am

"You definitely belong in Ravenclaw. That's the best thing anyone's ever said about it. Ever." Carly felt herself ease a little more. She could sense all the places in her body holding onto tension, trying to keep herself alert and ready to leave if she needed to. She shut her eyes again and tried to convince herself she didn't need to be so highstrung at the moment. "I'm bad at this. I can't even relax right."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:03 am

"Think about feathers," Abe told her, his face completely serious. "Like, have you ever sat there and thought about feathers? There's the sticky thing, and then there are all the little string things coming out of it. But they're all soft and nice and floaty and they're fucking awesome enough to help birds defy gravity. Or think about yarn and kittens or muggle sports or something. Something you enjoy. Just think the hell out of it. Eventually, your brain will either get caught up thinking about it and you'll get distracted from spazzing out all the time, or you'll be high enough that your brain won't be able to sit in one place and you'll just have to watch your thoughts float around."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:14 am

"Feathers," Carly repeated incredulously. That did nothing but make her blow a few stray strands of hair away from her face, tickling the way feathers would. She tried to think of something she liked a lot. Her dad liked movies, but they bored her. There was reading, but books seemed a lot to be thinking
about at the moment. "I like rabbits," she said, after long, slow seconds of thinking, "and bicycles. And paintings. Not portraits like here."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:16 am

Abe grinned, because he felt like for the first time that night, they were actually thinking on the same level. "Any one of those works. Rabbits are fun, all furry and little and nice, and painting is really good for thinking about. What kind of paintings do you like? Do you like painting, or just looking at other people's paintings?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 am

"I am a terrible painter, but I like it. Mostly I can paint trees. That's what I like to look at, too. Landscapes." She made a broad sweep with one hand as if to illustrate, stopping when she knocked into the stairs. "Fields and forests and deserts and mountains. Big spaces and no people, with little animals and pretty plants."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:29 am

"Are you into herbology, or do you just like to paint plants? I can't do herbology at all. The plants just sit there and grow every once in a while. It's all sitting still."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:34 am

"I like herbology better than most of my classes. I always like the classes everyone else thinks are boring. History, and herbology, arithmancy. I'm okay at magic but I never really got the hang of it. My dad isn't a wizard."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 am

"I don't really have much of an opinion about most of my classes. Potions is okay. I'm shit with animals. I always did well in Astronomy and Divination. I'm terrible at History of Magic, though. Like, beyond terrible. I can't keep it all in my head."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:43 am

"I wonder why," Carly joked, covering her mouth before she could laugh. "I would like astronomy if I got to study it alone, I think. As it is, lying around in the dark with a bunch of people isn't fun for me."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:44 am

"That's understandable. I like it, a little bit. Chilling out in the dark, looking at stars. I think that's one of my favorite things, and not just because high people like stars. Space just blows my mind, you know? There's so much out there."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:53 am

"Space is pretty. Painting space would probably be fun. Not just the way the sky looks, that'd be boring, but...galaxies and things." Carly smiled at the thought; she'd have to find some pictures when she went home for break so could try it. "There's a lot of it, but it's okay because we only really have
to see a little bit at one time."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:56 am

"Galaxies are awesome. I was reading something the other day about why we can only see some parts of space at a time, and it was really, really cool. Like, space just keeps expanding constantly, right? The further away it gets from us, the less visible it is, because the light starts getting redder, so by the time it really starts expanding, we can only see it with ultraviolet light, or something like that. So when Hubble's out there, they don't take pictures with normal cameras, because you can't see everything that way."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:01 am

"Whoa. That just went-" Carly hovered a hand over her head. "Where did you read that? Not here I bet. That sounds like something you'd find in a Muggle library. Do you live with Muggles?"

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:04 am

"My mom's a muggle, and my dad's a wizard," Abe said, "so I get the perks of both. I always come here and miss internet a lot, because it's so much easier than trawling through libraries to get cool information like that. Libraries have always felt really stuffy to me."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:12 am

"I like libraries. That's the only place I have internet at home, actually. My dad doesn't want to bother with it. Hogwarts needs to find a way to get with the picture. The American schools have computers and things."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:13 am

"Hogwarts is majorly old-fashioned. It actually kind of bothers me. One of these days, someone's going to regret blocking all muggle tech, because it's really, really useful and convenient."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:16 am

They like being old and dusty. It's what they know how to do. I'm sure it's more comfortable. Half our teachers are older than computers, much less the internet. I can understand just wanting to stay in their comfort zone."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:17 am

"But even in muggle schools with old teachers, everyone was required to know how to use the internet, you know? All of the classrooms had technology and half the assignments were posted online, and everyone was required to have email set up to ask the teachers questions. If the muggles can do it, I don't see why the wizards can't."

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
this modern glitch.
Ravenclaw
Ravenclaw

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:24 am

"I don't really get wizards. I didn't even know about magic until I got my letter, and then I came here and just tried to get good grades. Like, Persy's family supposedly doesn't have an muggles in the whole family tree. Why? And I can understand not needing cars and things but there's not a magic version of a computer. I feel like they decided magic was better and using anything muggles made would make that wrong." Carly started to begin another point, but her stomach growled loudly, burbling in a way she could feel beneath her hands. "Gross," she groaned, wrinkling her nose.

Tsuki is fantastic.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: if it's the same for you, i'll just hang   

Back to top Go down

if it's the same for you, i'll just hang
Page 3 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next